Hello to all.
The old SD connect C4 (SP100-D) will stop production soon.
And you will have SD connect C4 PLUS (SP100-E) instead.
The new sdconnect is released in the year 2019, features the old c4 and DoIP communication.
What is SD connect C4 PLUS:
What is SDconnect C4:
Both share the same look.
But the C4 PLUS with PCB updated, can communicate with vehicles with DOIP like the newest hybrid W222, W205.
This is the new components added on C4 PLUS on PCB.
2019 SD connect C4+ PCB:
2018 SD connect C4 PCB:
What is DoIP and what’s good?
What is DoIP?
Short and simple: “DoIP is the packaging of diagnostic messages
in Ethernet frames for communication of a diagnostic tester with a vehicle”
• DoIP is a standardized diagnostic transport protocol according to
• DoIP is used in combination with the standardized diagnostic protocol
UDS (ISO 14229-5: UDSonIP)
• Services of UDSonIP are identical to UDSonCAN
• DoIP with Ethernet 100 Base-TX instead of CAN enables substantial
• Vehicle access with DoIP is backwards compatible using discretionary
pins of the existing diagnostic connector
• DoIP enables easy integration into various network structures,
even with WLAN
What’s good of DoIP?
Performant handling of huge data volumes
Time-saving at ECU Flash Programming
Cost-efficient because no VCI is necessary
Simple integration to IT Infrastructure
Flexible use because of standardized communication
Integrated with other standards for vehicle diagnosis
Future-proof technology enables various use cases