This is for those who are looking for a universal auto diagnostic tool but confused about Auro OtoSys IM600 and Obdstar X300 DP – which better.
Here you go.
If you are looking for a tool for universal cars to program keys and perform special functions, OtoSys Im600 will be much better than Obdstar X300DP, esp. key program on some models.
If you want a tool for car diagnostic tests only, IM600 is good. But based on experience of users, Launch tools are perfect with diagnostics also.
Note that, DO NOT buy IM600 as an odometer correction tool! It will upset you because only a few cars can work with it. Obdstar X300M is a professional tool for km change and X300 DP covers it that X300DP is able to change mileages as well as X300M does.
For diagnosis and odometer correction, Obdstar X300DP wins!
For immo and special functions, Auro Im600 wins!
Part 1: obdstar x300 dp diagnosis, km change and reviews
Part 2: auro otosys im600 immo, service functions and reviews
Part 1: Obdstar X300 DP
– Obdstar X300DP diagnostics:
- Android system is equipped with clear and user-friendly interface.
•Diagnostic function strengthens professionalism in auto key programming.
•Large amount of videos help users to operate it easily.
•Maintenance database offers more powerful data.
•Remote guide achieves zero distance between users and technicians.
•Report center helps mutual improvement of terminal experience and technology.
•Industrial design ensures that the tool works stably under tough environment, such as high or low temperatures.
•English, simplified Chinese, traditional Chineseavailable allow you to use in any country
– Obdstar X300DP odometer correction:
- Change mileage via OBD
- Adopt ARM high speed chip to keep it running fast, stable and anti-jamming
- Industrial design ensures the tool work stably under tough environment, such as high and low temperatures
- Feature VW Audi MQB mileage change:
– Obdstar X300 DP reviews:
- with the amount of different tablets obdstar and xtool are releasing I wouldn’t buy any of them.
- This one looks very good though, i know what you are saying, but on my x100 pro, my first 3 jobs paid for it!, not much alternative. because the tool works good
the way that i look at it the tool worth one A100 module!
- I got the basic configuration of x300 dp, then I upgraded to the full version, update for $199
X300 DP Standard package support Immobilizer+ Odometer Adjustment+ EEPROM/PIC Adapter+ OBDII;
while full package support Immobilizer+ Odometer Adjustment+ EEPROM/PIC Adapter+ OBDII+ ABS+ TPS+ SRS Reset+ TPMS(low tire)Reset+ Steering Angle Reset+ CVT Learning/Value Reset+ EPB+ Oil/Service Reset+ Battery Matching+ Diagnosis(Japanese and Korean serials)
( i believe its oil reset and some diagnostics that’s missing from standard, keys, immo and mileage is same)
- by all accounts its the dogs doodahs on anything Honda including rematching ecu after flat battery, and as it includes all the green units F100 to F109it seems to have a lot of token free coverage including it claims Toyota G and H reset, if just 70% of the claimed coverage works then its a lot of programmer for the money and paid for and in profit after half a dozen jobs.
its one of those units that may or may not be top draw but is easy to get payback on
- I am going to buy it in a few weeks time, at the Mechanex show in Dubai, hopefully cheaper, and a good chance to talk to the supplier. will post when I have it. I don’t know about H and G type, but I have used X100 pro on Honda Crv, pcm matching, after flat battery, the annoying thing is only accepting 15/16 digit Vin(cant remember), not 17 digit, butit worked. Although I bought my x100 pro 2 years ago, I can still update mine, strange!
- they have released a green unit for Toyota G and H chip resetting, they claim that this as well as all the green units are on the x300 dp, what works and what does not will at some point be another thread i imagine as is the norm.
those i’ve spoke to that have it are very happy with it, has its fails but successes too.
- when i look at the new truecode Ford ftc4 and PSA pin reading release it has same coverage exactly as last update on the x300 dp and green units, though i’d trust chris more than a chinese tool as he at leasts tests his releases prior to release, and isn’t greedy.
- i have the g-scan tab, great addition to the arsenal.
I’ve ordered an OBDSTAR x300 dp plus, mainly for Honda token free and for the f100 to f109 units coverage, i spoke to them at length on it before ordering, i made it clear i was looking at buying either all 9 green units or the x300 dp, or id buy the x300 dp and any green units not covered on it, they assured me id be wasting my money buying both as all green units included on x300 dp, so i’ve ordered one which will be here later in week.
- i have it in writing that key master dp includes all functions on green units, so we will see, if the case the cost of this unit will have paid back in 5 days once i receive it as have some nice jobs booked in that it can be tried on, if it works its paid back straight away.
- the green stand alone units, F100, F101, F102,F103, F104, F105, F106, F107, F108, F109.
a lot rave over the ford/mazda unit, nissan unit, suzuki unit and psa unit. just released toyota g and h unit as well as others
- i got g-scan tab from hickleys, blinding kit, gonna get some use this one
- It’s excellent on Honda, including rematching ecu and immo after flat battery,paid for itself on these alone, i’ve done odd new model Fords that other kit has struggled with, Honda its excellent, late Ford its good, been reliable on Hyundai and Kia though i use Gscan on these now, Mazda its very good on. its bailed me out when mainstream units have failed. it has its issues but has paid its way many times over for me.
- I canreset G-key with Obdstar, not H-key.
Programming H-key in Virgin box works fine.
For smart H reset, i use Tango.
These are European types.
- Toyota Prado 2008 add spare key ok, had to reset immo.
- Ford Mondeo 2005 add key: failed, erase key: failed
(Ford Mazda before 2008, best is T300.
All new programmer have bad support for older car)
Part 2: Auro OtoSys Im600
– Auro Im600 immobilizer:
Smart Mode (Guided and Automated Key Learning Function)
Auto Detect Make/Model/Year/System
Read PIN/CS (All Keys Lost)
IMMO ECU Reset/Adaption
IMMO ECU Refresh/Coding
AUDI Q5/A4/A5 2015-2017 Read PIN/CS
BMW FEM/BDC Key Learning and Adaption
Mercedes Key Learning
– Auro Im600 special functions:
Oil Service Reset
Parking Brake Pad Relearn After Replacement
Steering Angle Sensor Relearn
Battery Registration and Reset
Diesel Particulate Filter Regeneration
Tire Pressure Monitoring System
VW/Audi Component Protection
Complete Service Functions
– Auro OtoSys Im600 reviews:
2015 jeep grand Cherokee: Did not pull pin then locked my out.
Cannot get the PIN: The 100 didn’t give you options to get the PIN code
2013 Dodge Ram 1500s: Did fobik (non prox) key
it would not learn the key on the immo side but if you used the diagnostic side and ID’d the vehicle and went into the RF hub… I was able to program the fobik key. NOTE: I wasn’t able to pull the pin on either side (immo or diagnostic)
2014 Chevy impala: Did not program the key
With Im 600. Did 12 minutes but the light stay lit. Used different machine to do a 12 minute.
2017 Honda Accord Sport Editon: added a new key
2015 Camry H chip: new key programmed
2011 & 2015 Sienna: added a new key
2014 Sienna w/ Proximity: added new keys
2015 plate a4: Did a spare key, AVDI said no other than that is piss poor
Great function: So is the machine will have great functions and will be one of the best I have two but right now a lot of people do not want it because it has some errors but if it works I have been using it and if it works
Chance to diagnosis, programming and parameters: The team if you work. It is not recommended as the first programming team. For Price. Other more economic teams are recommended and then set up. But I’ve had a chance to diagnosis, module programming and booking of parameters. etc
Pretty streamline: The price $3500 is a bit much off Chinacardiags.com it sure is a great kit though. Made it pretty streamline if you’ve used an Autel
Good diagnostic but Limited Immo: Diagnostic side of the house no doubt about it. My point is its immo/key programming capabilities is too limited at the moment for its price.
Clone fobik keys: I have the im600 what menu do you go to when you trying to flash a ECU or BCM can Im600 clone fobik keys
Ford IMMO: Very pleased to see the update Ford IMMO into Auro IM100 and IM600
New: its a new tool and they to test it thoroughly before releasing it to the market. Its trend with all tools from Asia
Easy to use: The reason I’m thinking of getting this unit is it looks very easy to use as I go out to more and more non start cars with the immobiliser light flashing and need to interrogate the immobiliser Ecu as our current mobile locksmiths have made so much money that they can’t now be bothered to check a system for £50 cash which leaves the customer high and dry. But at £2500 its a major investment which will take a long time to break even
Fast and good: Im600 they look pretty good and they have a good future is fast but no updates very few
Pretty: It’s pretty kick butt. Did Honda’s, Toyota and even Volkswagens