I (@in3xp3rt0) wrote a guide to install it and I uploaded the patch and the drivers here, including how to solve the connection trouble on the Windows XP SP3 computer (Error #434: The requested baud is invalid) This is because you need to patch ET 2011A.
I know that anything isn’t going to work like the original, but at this time is the tool I have in my hands.
For those like me, I upload the files and I put the links on the attach bellow:
CAT ET 2011A PATCH
CP210X USB to UART Driver
FTDI USB to UART Driver
Here a leave the instructions:
- Clean install
- Install ET 2011A
- Install FTDI USB to UART Driver
- Install CP210X USB to UART Driver
- Open the ET 2011A. Click “Utilities” > “License Cat ET” > Generate code and paste it.
- If your OS is Windows XP goto step 7 or Windows 7/8 goto step 8.
- Copy “CommunicationAdapterServer.exe” to “\Program Files\Common Files\Offboard Information Products”
- ONLY IF WINDOWS 7/8. Open Cat ET 2011A Patch. Select unit and os guest (32 or 64 bits). And click Patch, it would show you Patched it message OK.
- Reboot computer.
- Connect USB and bluetooth and wait to install and disconnect them.
- Go to properties on “My computer”, open hardware management and check USB and bluetooth com port number.
- Open the ET 2011A and goto Utilities->Preferences->Communications
Select “Caterpillar Comm Adapter II (Dual Data Link/Serial lP)
Select the same COM port as you noticed in step 11 (USB or bluetooth the one you already connected. 1 only)
It works now. I tested it on a Cat 950G and it show me the 3 ECM, however I’m having trouble to connect with a Cat 416E, I get the message check cable connection, no cable detected.
But it works perfect on a Cat 950G.
Big thanks to in3xp3rt0 from mhhauto.com
Credits to Laura share info with we all