This is (hopefully) a more user-friendly CIC/NBT FSC Key Generator for Windows, Linux and OSX based off of the work of the original FSC Key Generator and Intel123’s certificate Patcher.
- The Key Generator will auto-detect and accept either Base64 (Text) or binary FSC file inputs, as well as the file type (1B or NBT). (You can over-ride the detection setting, using the “CIC/NBT” radio buttons).
- The Key Generator will download and use the most recent copy of the BMW “Lookup.xml” file for key generation parameters. In Linux and Windows, this file is stored in the same directory as the Key Generator. For OSX, it is stored in ~/Downloads/
- The RSAKeys.txt file keeps a copy all submitted RSA keys. The Generator will download and use the most recent copy of the file. In Linux and Windows, this file is stored in the same directory as the Key Generator. For OSX, it is stored in ~/Downloads/
- It appears that the key stored in the “FSC” file pulled from the car is not necessarily unique to the car, but may be shared across multiple cars built within a short time window.
As an example:
FSC Date VIN Build Date Days Difference
200910211749 Thursday, October 22, 2009 -1
201001271515 Thursday, January 28, 2010 -1
201004011026 Monday, April 04, 2011 -3
201006071536 Tuesday, June 08, 2010 -1
201107121301 Wednesday, July 13, 2011 -1
201110310756 Wednesday, November 02, 2011 -3
201201111004 Thursday, January 12, 2012 -1
201203301822 Monday, April 02, 2012 -4
201204181719 Wednesday, April 18, 2012 0
201205242316 Friday, May 25, 2012 -1
201210010521 Tuesday, October 02, 2012 -1
201210010703 Tuesday, October 02, 2012 -1
201210241654 Thursday, October 25, 2012 -1
201211081709 Friday, November 09, 2012 -1
201305140635 Wednesday, May 15, 2013 -1
201308142104 Friday, August 16, 2013 -2
201403071931 Monday, March 10, 2014 -3
201404091427 Thursday, April 10, 2014 -1
201404300545 Friday, May 02, 2014 -3
201406241001 Tuesday, June 24, 2014 0
201406241307 Tuesday, June 24, 2014 0
201409161938 Wednesday, September 17, 2014 -1
If you would like to help out, and have pulled your FSC file, please send me a copy. I will not include or publish any car-specific information, but will add the FSC file date and RSA key to the RSAKeys.txt file. Hopefully if enough are gathered, some people will be able to create an FSC for their car, without having to pull any files.
Links expire 16 July 19
- Windows: https://ufile.io/0ompml8c
Windows users must extract the file to a writeable directory (Desktop, Downloads, etc…), not run it from the zipped file. The generator needs to download support files (Lookup.xml and RSAKeys.txt) in order for it to run correctly.
- OSX: https://ufile.io/biew0034
OSX must be v10.10 (Yosemite) and higher.
- Linux: https://ufile.io/ig93xofh
Linux users must extract the file to a writeable directory (~/) and will need both QT5 and OpenSSL installed.
- Linux Console: https://ufile.io/7qzwmjpd
Linux users must extract the file to a writeable directory (~/) and will need both QT5 and OpenSSL installed. Network not required.
Usage: ./BMW_CIC_FSC_Generator_Console FILE.fsc TYPE [TYPE] YEAR [YEAR]
Example ./BMW_CIC_FSC_Generator_Console FILE.fsc 0x28 0x0A
FILE.fsc – 319 byte hex OR BASE64 encoded version of hex
TYPE – 1 or 2 bytes representing the map type
If TYPE is two bytes, YEAR must be two bytes
YEAR – 1 or 2 bytes representing the map year
If YEAR is two bytes, TYPE must be two bytes
Feature: Option to attempt to repair corrupt 1B file
Bugfix: Download/Rename Lookup.xml
Misc: Add “Select Option” to dropdowns, since I’m tired of answering “Click ‘Premium’. Select ‘Premium’, then the next dropdown will become enabled”
v1.9 – Add support for F0 Files. NBT EVO Headunits which use NEXT style maps.
v1.02 – Allow Numerical First Digit for VIN. Bug Identification & Explanation provided by txomin in post 71
v1.01 – Unhide “Lifetime” Checkbox
v1.0 – Initial Release
Thanks to Jagaer for his great contribution