GDS2 can be installed directly as a download from TIS2Web.
A minimum of 2 GB of RAM is required to run GDS2.
Download and installation is dependent upon the internet bandwidth available during the download process. The GDS2 application needs to be loaded on each shop PC individually. Once the initial application installation is complete, GDS2 will run in either a standalone mode when launched from the PC desktop icon or from TIS2Web.
- PC must be started in Admin mode.
- Enter the TIS2Web application. Click “Continue”.
- A software version screen will be displayed. Click “OK”.
- Select GDS2 from the TIS2Web home page.
- Select “Start GDS2” from the “BEFORE YOU START SCREEN”
- A pop-up window will appear with an update data bar. The GDS2 installation may go through several steps.
- Once GDS2 is installed, select the appropriate language and click “OK”. The main application screen will be displayed next. A GDS2 logo will now also be displayed on your desktop. GDS2 Software Version and GM Global Version will appear at the bottom left hand corner of the screen (12).
- You must install the Diagnostic Package prior to using the application. If a Diagnostic Package is not installed, a “No diagnostic packages installed in application” message appears on the GDS2 main menu. See Download and Update GDS2 Diagnostic Packages, below.
GDS2 installation from Tis2Web:
Note: During the installation from TIS2Web, approximately 50 MB of data is downloaded via the internet. Depending on your computer’s security, your firewall may require reconfiguration to perform TIS2Web functions.
Note: The described update processes require that the PC is always running in Admin mode.
GDS2 installation video:
GDS 2 Provides the Following Capabilities in Multiple Languages:
* Read codes, code status, Freeze Frame data and Clear Codes.
* Read VIN, ECU part numbers and software numbers.
* Record, store and replay Stored data.
* Control and monitor Output Control functions.
* Configure and Reset functions.
* Record or display history of the previous vehicle diagnostic sessions.