Purchased CGDI MB last month off chinacardiags.com. Did some keys with it. All worked! Here, i’d like to write up my experience of using CGDI. Hope it’s helpful.
Budget: 500 usd around
Final cost: 539 usd with free shipping via DHL (satisfied!)
I love CGDI MB. very good at Mercedes key programming.
It can add new keys when a working key is available or program keys when all keys lost
18.104.22.168 (updated on 12.2018)
Very very very easy to install cgdi software
Next next next…. and done!
This is the CGDI MB activation instruction:
- Download Benz Monster software from official website http://www.cgprogcar.com/?langid=en, turn to the Download page you will find the download of Benz Monster. The user manual will attach in the catalogue of the software as well.
- Install software on your laptop(It can work on Windows 7/8/10) and read out the serial number of your CGDI Prog Benz.
- Send this serial number to our customer service to active your CGDI MB. After finishing activation, restart CGDI Benz and the Benz Monster software. It will be ready to operate.
CGDI MB, same as vvdi mb, needs tokens for password calculation
But the token policy is a bit different.
Plan A: Two free tokens can be used every day for 180 days. When the license gets expired, please subscribe CGDI MB 180-Day Tokens
After you pay for it, can calculate online two times free each day again.
Plan B: One free token each day all the time. It won’t get expired anymore. And if you want more tokens, one token will cost $5
Please pay for One Token for CGDI MB. You can calcualte 4 times at most each day. Besides if you have CG100 PROG III and CGDI BMW, pls send us serial number to bundle them together, one device serial number can have one more token free each day.
- Run fast when adding keys to Mercedes: collection time 1’50s, password calculation time 40s, 99% get password for one time calculator, it is the fastest key programming tool to calculate the password at present.
2. Support Mercedes all key lost: models including 211, 209, 204, 207, 212, 166, 246, 197, 172, 164+, 216
3. Free to calculate the password twice a day for 6 months (after that you need to pay for activation)
4. Work with BE keys or original keys, such as SA1252, SA1252-B, SA1253, SA1253-B
5. Updateable on the web
1. Can read EIS data via OBD, no need to distinguish the EIS/EZS model.
2. Can display the key status and directly disable the key position.
3. Can display EIS Number, can distinguish the Benz model
4. Can display EIS status.
5. Automatically identify EIS model.
6. Automatically identify CAN protocol
1. Automatically identify the basic key information (including how many times you used SSID)
2. Can directly read pin code of BE keys via infrared, can erase BE keys.
3. NEC adapter can write the original Benz smart key and common key.
4. Can write the Benz original key via infrared.
5. Can restore the data of key and EIS with the key password.
Key data generation:
1. Can generate the key data of HC05/908/912/9S12/NEC EIS/EZS
2. Time: 26 seconds
3. Format: 11/ 41/51 (41 format is smart key data)
1. Can directly read key pin code via infrared on parts of 209/211/220/215 EIS.
2. Can read/write EIS via infrared.
Mercedes-Benz A series (2004 -)
Mercedes-Benz B series (2005-)
Mercedes-Benz C Series (2001 – , including 210)
Mercedes-Benz E Series (2001-, including 203)
Mercedes-Benz CL series (2001-)
Mercedes-Benz GLK (2004-)
Mercedes-Benz ML series (2003 -)
Mercedes-Benz R series (2003 -)
Mercedes-Benz G series (2003 -)
Mercedes-Benz S Series (2001 -, including 220)
Mercedes-Benz SLK (2003- )
Mercedes-Benz SLS (2004 -)
Mercedes-Benz Vito (2003-)
Mercedes-Benz Sprinter (2003 -)
Mercedes-Benz Vito (2003 -)
CGDI Mercedes images:
Key read and write
Gateway read and write
Car & key making:
The latest car i tested is w164 after 2009
I did for testing 2 types of programming _ have got EZS with both programmed keys because customer claimed sometimes EIS works sometimes doesn’t – I have found that connector for immo aerial was desoldered from PCB so when I fixed it – EIS became fully working again – and then I started testing CGDI and made 2 types of programming (all programming on bench – EZS + GATEWAY EMULATOR)
1) programming in case one key is available and adding spare key – ALL OK!
2) programming in case of ALL KEYS LOST – ALL OK!
spare key programming was pretty fast
AKL scenario takes circa 80minutes to get data from EIS and You have to plug in and out emulator key every 5 seconds – I have bought VVDI POWER ADAPTER to pass all hassle on to adapter so You don’t have to watch whole process and move key in and out manually – but it doesn’t work with CGDI – seems adapter works only with VVDI MB and software drives it by adressed pin to switch connection off and on between ezs and key emulator – maybe CGDI TEAM could write a code to their SW and make VVDI POWER ADAPTER useful for all their customers.
CGDI MB video: W212 add new keys